Registration is free. Click Here to Register!
Registration will remain open until Wednesday, March 12. It is VERY important that attendees register on time so that we can get an accurate count for lunch.
The conference will be held Saturday, March 23, on the second and third floors of the Reitz Union on the University of Florida campus.
We are also incorporating a passport system this year, so that participants who attend most of the day (and get their name tag stamped at each event/session they attend) will be eligible for raffle prizes at the end of the conference.
If you have any questions about registration or conference details, please email Erika Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for conference attendees
The earlier you arrive, the easier it will be to find parking. Please allow yourself at least 30 extra minutes to find parking and walk to the J. Wayne Reitz Student Union (also called Reitz Union or the Reitz).
Reitz Union is in purple and lavender, marked with an “XII” on the parking map at the link below. The address is 686 Museum Rd, Gainesville, FL 32611.
- In certain lots, parking is free and open to the public from Friday 4:31 p.m. to Monday 7:29 a.m., unless otherwise marked.
- This typically includes lots marked green, including the large commuter lot on Gale Lemerand Drive, just around the corner from the Reitz (about a 7 – 11 minute walk).
- This typically includes lots marked orange, including the large garage on the corner of Museum & Newell, just down the road from the Reitz (about a 7 – 11 minute walk).
- You may notice lots in these colors closer to the Reitz, but they tend to fill early, so please plan accordingly.
- Do not park in Brown lots of reserved spaces. Be sure to double-check signs before parking. See this page for full list of parking regulations: http://parking.ufl.edu/parking-at-uf/campus-parking-restrictions.
- Reitz Union Hotel (center of campus)
- Holiday Inn Gainesville (1250 W. University Ave.) (closest to the venues)
- UF Hilton Hotel and Conference Center (includes campus shuttle)
- Other options are available through the Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Gainesville (GNV) Airport
- Jacksonville and Orlando airports: both are approximately a 1.5-2 hour drive from Gainesville (the Jacksonville airport is closer; the drive from Orlando includes toll roads)
- The Gainesville Regional Transit System (also called RTS) will run a typical Saturday schedule during the 14th Annual Conference of the Social Sciences.
- Several RTS buses stop in front of the Reitz Union or at another bus stop within a five to fifteen minute walk of the Reitz.
- On Saturdays, RTS buses tend to run between every fifteen and thirty minutes. Some routes stop running in the late afternoon, rather than continuing to run until the late evening.
- You can visit this website or download the app to see when the bus will arrive to your stop: TransLōc map of where your bus is now
Other Visitor Information Resources